Veg South Florida
There's never been a better time to eat vegetarian or vegan in south Florida. The many restaurants listed here make it easy to find healthy, delicious and animal-free meals from Key West to Palm Beach and cities in between. With the choices we make at each meal, we can help stop cruelty to chickens, pigs, cows, fish and other animals raised for food.
Restaurant of the Month
Mi Vida Café
7244 Biscayne Blvd.
100% vegan with an emphasis on organic and locally grown produce. Popular dishes at Mi Vida Café include Mushroom Seitan Sloppy Joe, Canelones de Verdura, and Lemon-Herbed Baked Tofu Sandwich. Daily specials such as seitan tacos, soba noodle rolls, raw nori rolls and vegan raw sandwiches. All seitan, bread, tortillas, nut cheese and nut milk are homemade. The chef makes cookies, vegan raw cakes and pies every week and different kind of muffins every day. Mi Vida Café offers a large variety of veggie & fruit juices, all fresh made to order. Wine, beer, tea, raw tea & coffee. Small inside dining room and a few tables outside. Open Monday 10am-8pm, Tuesday to Saturday 10am-10pm, and closed on Sunday. Delivery available from 4pm-10pm.
News & Updates
• Recent additions (May 2013): Royal Sweets (Sunrise), iConnect Cafe and Yoga Spa (Dania Beach)
• Additions (March 2013): Green Bar & Kitchen (Fort Lauderdale)
• Additions (February 2013): Bunnie Cakes (Miami), Love & Vegetables (Miami)
• Additions (January 2013): Mellow Mushroom (West Palm Beach)
• Additions (November 2012): Maoz Vegetarian (Miami Beach), J's Garden Cafe (Pembroke Pines)
• Additions (August 2012): My Little Organic Bistro (Miami), East West Cafe (Plantation), El Vato Tequila & Taco Bar (Miami), specialTEA Lounge & Cafe (Miami)
photos courtesy of Sublime, an award-winning vegan restaurant in Fort Lauderdale.