photos courtesy of Sublime, an award-winning vegan restaurant in Fort Lauderdale.
Veg South Florida
There's never been a better time to eat vegetarian or vegan in south Florida. The many restaurants listed here make it easy to find healthy, delicious and animal-free meals from Key West to Palm Beach and cities in between. With the choices we make at each meal, we can help stop cruelty to chickens, pigs, cows, fish and other animals raised for food.
Restaurant of the Month
2322 NE 2nd Avenue
Miami's first storefront vegan and gluten-free bakery. Cupcakes, cakes, brownies, cookies and other treats baked fresh daily. Popular cupcake flavors (vegan or vegan/gluten free) include chocolate marshmallow, passion fruit, guava, cinnamon sugar and red velvet. Bunnie Cakes also has a vegan hot lunch menu. Try an empanada (tofu & spinach, black bean & cheese, or guava & cheese), pan de jamón, pizza rolls or cachitos (crescent roll filled with "ham"). Check out the daily specials for homemade soups, sandwiches and wraps. Bunnie Cakes is located in the Wynwood neighborhood of Miami.
News & Updates
• Recent additions (January 2014): LiveHara Café (Hollywood), Tequila Sunrise Mexican Grill (Oakland Park), Chutney & Pickle (Coral Springs)
• Additions (December 2013): The House of V (Miami)
• Additions (October 2013): The Raw Garden (Boca Raton), Myapapaya Juicery + Kitchen (Fort Lauderdale), The Garden of Vegan (Delray Beach), Raw Juce (Boca Raton), Eclectic Eats (Delray Beach)
• Additions (August 2013): Darbster (Boca Raton), The Vegan Café (West Palm Beach), Fresh First (Fort Lauderdale), Taylor Made Cafe (Wellington)
• Additions (May 2013): Ballyhoo's (Key Largo), Royal Sweets (Sunrise), iConnect Cafe and Yoga Spa (Dania Beach)
• Additions (March 2013): Green Bar & Kitchen (Fort Lauderdale)