photos courtesy of Sublime, an award-winning vegan restaurant in Fort Lauderdale.
Veg South Florida
There's never been a better time to eat vegetarian or vegan in south Florida. The many restaurants listed here make it easy to find healthy, delicious and animal-free meals from Key West to Palm Beach and cities in between. With the choices we make at each meal, we can help stop cruelty to chickens, pigs, cows, fish and other animals raised for food.
Restaurant of the Month
The Vegan Café
5075 Okeechobee Blvd.
West Palm Beach 33417
The menu at The Vegan Café features many delicious, healthy options. Popular dishes include the Veggie Meatball Sandwich (fresh baked hoagie roll stuffed with homemade veggie meatballs and marinara sauce), Stuffed Avocado (an avocado halved and filled with sprouts, sunflower seeds and much more), the Nori Roll and Veggie Burger. Also, salads, soups, and a unique selection of juices and smoothies. The Vegan Café is also home to Moe's Fermenteds' all natural, probiotic infused Kombucha, Kimchi and other products (www.moesfermenteds.com). Comfortable indoor seating, or carry-out.
News & Updates
• Recent additions (October 2013): The Raw Garden (Boca Raton), Myapapaya Juicery + Kitchen (Fort Lauderdale), The Garden of Vegan (Delray Beach), Raw Juce (Boca Raton), Eclectic Eats (Delray Beach)
• Additions (August 2013): Darbster (Boca Raton), The Vegan Café (West Palm Beach), Fresh First (Fort Lauderdale), Taylor Made Cafe (Wellington)
• Additions (May 2013): Ballyhoo's (Key Largo), Royal Sweets (Sunrise), iConnect Cafe and Yoga Spa (Dania Beach)
• Additions (March 2013): Green Bar & Kitchen (Fort Lauderdale)
• Additions (February 2013): Bunnie Cakes (Miami), Love & Vegetables (Miami)
• Additions (January 2013): Mellow Mushroom (West Palm Beach)